Car Care Tips
- Keep your car clean. Mud on the undercarriage can weigh a significant amount and slow you down.
- Consolidate your daily trips and errands. This will also save you the cost of restarting your engine, which uses a lot of gas.
- Avoid air conditioning when possible. However, when driving at higher speeds, having your windows open also creates drag.
- Don’t throttle the gas or brake pedal! Sudden starts or stops use more gas than gradual changes in speed.
- Don’t idle for too long. Turn off the engine if you anticipate a lengthy wait.
- Limit car warm-ups in winter.
- Clear out the trunk. More weight equals more drag.
- Avoid high speeds. We know this is almost impossible to resist but you can improve your gas mileage by up to 15 percent driving at 55 mph rather than 65 mph.
- Use overdrive. If your car is equipped with overdrive gearing use it as soon as your speed is high enough.
- Use cruise control. Maintaining a constant speed is ideal for improving your gas mileage.
Servicing Your Vehicle
- Replace the spark plugs in your engine regularly. This way, the air and fuel mixture will burn cleaner and more efficiently.
- Improve the intake/output system. By allowing gas to get in and exhaust to get out of your vehicle you will improve the vehicle’s overall performance and gas mileage.
- Reduce friction. Use high-quality or synthetic motor oil.
- Check your oil! Low oil makes your engine work harder.
- Change your filters. Dirty filters can sometimes increase the amount of fuel your vehicle uses by as much as 10 percent.
- Keep tires properly inflated and aligned. Check regularly to ensure your tires are fully inflated and your alignment is good.
- Get regular engine tune-ups and car maintenance checks. A lot can go wrong with a car. Damaged spark plugs or transmission problems can also contribute to poor gas mileage.
Why Choose Yee's Auto Tech?
Our technicians are among the most qualified and experienced in the country. We're proud of the prestigious certifications they've earned and we support their continued, on-going training and development. Our team of technicians is up to date on the latest automotive technology, and has professional, hands-on experience working with both foreign and domestic vehicles.
We invest in state-of-the-art tools and computer diagnostics equipment; technology that enables us to quickly uncover the problem and begin working on the solution. Even the most complicated diagnostics and repairs are done accurately and efficiently. Combining cutting-edge technology with real-world experience, our technicians are able to get your car back on the road in less time than it takes other shops to simply figure out what's wrong!
Every employee at Yee's is committed to the details of customer service that make the difference between an average experience and a great one. Our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction. Every day, with every customer, we focus on providing high-quality auto repair services coupled with top-notch customer service. With countless 5-star reviews and customer testimonials, we are proud of our reputation as one of the Sacramento area's most trustworthy auto repair shops.
We offer many services that make bringing your vehicle in as painless as possible, including on-line scheduling; rental car discount; a free ride to work; early bird drop-off; and a clean, comfortable waiting room, complete with complimentary snacks, TV, and free internet.